Yes, I know I haven’t posted for almost the entire month of August, but I had every intention of posting a more extensive update today on why I’ve been MIA and what’s been going. However, last week I got clobbered with the worst, and I mean the WORST flu. I’m one of those people who very rarely gets sick, but when I do (which is usually every 7-8 years) I inevitably get something that is so horrendous (like the PLAGUE), which throws me flat on my back and immobilizes me. I got a similar flu back in 2007 and it was the same way, I felt so bad that I literally couldn’t move. My muscles and bones ached; I was hot one minute and freezing the next; even my skin and hair hurt. And when something like this happens to me, I have no energy or desire to do anything. Even sitting at my computer and typing an email or talking on the phone becomes something that takes too much effort because I feel so weak.

Last Thursday while I was at work, I started to feel strange. I felt chilly, achy, and began coughing. But by the time I got home that night, I didn’t feel so bad. Yet, I did take some aspirin and went to bed very early. At about 2 AM, I woke myself up coughing and then coughed for the rest of the night. I coughed so much and so hard that all the muscles on the left side of my torso where in so much pain. I felt chilly and achy all over. By the time morning arrived, I knew that I had a full-fledged flu. I felt so ill that I had to call out of work (which is something I never do). I spent the whole day taking care of myself and doing what I normally do whenever I get sick. I use herbs, homeopathy and energy work. I also take hot Epsom salts baths by sweating the infection out of me.

That night I went to bed at 8 PM because I couldn’t hold my eyes open, I was so exhausted.

The next morning I felt a little bit better, so I dragged myself out of bed, shaved, took a shower, dressed, and then walked five blocks to work because I didn’t want to call out again. However about halfway there, I knew that I was not going to be able to work. I was sweating so bad that my clothes were soaked through and my entire head was dripping in sweat. The second one of the managers looked me after opening the store door, she said, “Oh Ron…you should have just called out again. I can’t believe you came in today. Go home and take care of yourself. And don’t worry about missing work.”

So I turned around and walked back home. Lucky for me, I had the next THREE days off, so I’ve been able to stay at home and really focus on getting well. Sunday was the first day I actually felt partially human. My appetite seems to be back and I feel stronger. But still, I plan on spending the next two days lying low and continue to take care of myself because I know how these flu bugs can be. If you try to do too much too soon the minute you feel better, you can get a relapse.

Anyway. So there you have it, part of the reason why I’ve been absent this whole month.

Thank you all for your concern over the past several days and asking if I was okay. And I’m sorry it took this long to explain. Today, Monday, I feel a lot better and can sense myself getting stronger and stronger.

Please know that I will try my best to respond to your comments here and catch up on your posts this week. But if I’m a little slow in doing that, I hope you’ll understand. Because my main priority at this moment is taking the time I need to get all the rest and care I can, so that I become 100% better. Thank you.

Have a super Monday and week!